Saturday, February 13, 2010

Comparison of Cars

I have access to four different cars and I've driven each of them enough to give a good analysis.

1996 Honda Odyssey
1999 Toyota Corolla
2005 Honda Accord
2008 Toyota Camry

Of all four cars, I find that the Honda Accord is the most comfortable to drive. The moment I got behind the driver's wheel, I could feel how comfortable the entire driving experience was in the Accord. The steering wheel responded smoothly under my hands and the acceleration and brake performed just as well.

The Toyota Camry leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth after driving it. I can see that Toyota has put in effort at designing a good driving experience, but it doesn't handle as nicely as the Accord does. The one good design I like about the Camry is the transmission stick: instead of the shift lock button to prevent accidental gear shifting, there are horizontal and vertical wells to shift into gears, which makes for shifting gears while driving much easier.

The Honda Odyssey, despite its age, is still a good minivan to drive. The rate of acceleration is a far cry from the newer cars, but the car still handles well given its circumstances.

The Toyota Corolla was my very first car and I got my license with this baby. It has its merits and I love it for its maneuverability and compactness, but I will admit that it lacks in aesthetics and horsepower.

I'm no car guy, but I can definitely appreciate cars and their performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment