Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

While some people are waking up to presents underneath the Christmas tree, my family spends Christmas Day a little differently. Although celebrating Christmas has transcended the original pagan or Christian traditions and now people who are ordinarily unaffiliated with either set of beliefs celebrate the day, today is almost like any other day in my household.

Note that I had said almost any other day.

Christmas Day is the day my family washes the couch set and every square inch (or meter for you metric system folks out there) of carpet in the house. This is my first year home for the holidays, which should make the holiday season even more special, but this annual arduous task, along with other errands and tasks, is starting to make me think otherwise.

But hey, the holiday season is supposedly about being together with family, right?

...Right?

Merry Christmas to you, Reader and see you in the next decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment