Friday, October 2, 2009

End of First Week of College Classes

Today marks the end of my first formal week of college classes.

Back in high school, there was a bunch of hand holding and busy work in classes. Teachers would show students how to do every little task to the greatest detail, tell students when a draft of a paper was due so they have time to revise it, and do meaningless worksheets to reinforce the week's lesson. I will say that college has afforded me great freedom in time management: no more are strict time periods of classes, everything is based on your own schedule and is up to you the individual to decide how to spend that time. One professor of mine teaches out of his expensive paper bound textbook and I have heard from upperclassmen that the only material on the midterm and final exams come from that textbook only. This implies that lectures are a waste of time because from my experience, the professor just displays the same thing found in the textbook on the screen. Nonetheless, I will be a faithful student and attend all the lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment